This afternoon as I was driving home, I was thinking about how blessed I am to have worked in the same place for the last 15 years. I was also thinking of the reasons why I love my job. Now don't get me wrong. There are days I want to get in my car and go home at 8:00 in the morning. Most of the time it's rather busy in the office You never know what each new day will bring in the door! One thing is for sure - there is never a dull moment!
Tonight I decided to list some of the reasons why I love working in an elementary school.
What I love about working in an elementary school:
- Fat Free Chocolate Milk every morning for breakfast
- The sound of the children’s voices blending as they say the “Pledge of Allegiance” each morning. – mispronounced words and all.
- The feel of little boy heads that have a new haircut.
- That sweet smile when you tell them they are handsome with their new haircut – (See #3.)
- No one really notices when you spill your drink on your pants or blouse first thing in the morning. By the end of the day, half of the school will have something on their clothes too.
- Sloppy Joes and tater tots – I never had them as a child. Mom didn’t fix things like that at our house.
- Those gapped tooth grins. Somebody always has their two front teeth missing!
- I can giggle out loud and no one thinks it’s unusual.
- The amazed expressions on the faces of students that see me at Wal-Mart. Some really do think I live at school. Several even ask where the principal is at….. Like we only travel together in a bus…..
- Those little arms that appear from behind you and wrap around your legs, neck, or whatever they can reach, to give you a hug each morning. That's why I go to work on days that I feel like staying home.