Sunday, June 8, 2008

Where has the time gone?!

The last week of school was so hectic and this past week I never slowed down to blog. There are so many end of school year things that have to be down in the office before I can close out the school year.

Why am I feeling guilt from not blogging? I guess it’s because I hate to start something and not keep it up or finish it like I should. Hopefully, now that things have slowed down a little, I can get back on track with blogging.

Yesterday I washed made a small dent in the mountain of clothes that has appeared in my laundry room. We kept Jennie last night while her parents went to Nashville to the CMA Music Festival. We went to hear a local Bluegrass gospel group sing at a “Hay Shed Gospel Crusade” some of our local churches are hosting this week. One of the local farmers has cleaned out his hay barn and set out bales of hay to sit on for the services. There will be special music and a different speaker each night. We are going to try to attend a few nights this week. It was very hot last night with a little breeze. Jennie was very good and enjoyed the music before she fell asleep on my shoulder. There is nothing like a sleeping 20lb. baby in 90 degree heat in hay barn full of people! She was plastered to my neck! Now I know why God doesn’t usually let women over 45 have babies! I was exhausted by the time we got home at 10:00pm!

I’m off from work this week. I’m hoping to clean out “junk” that we have had forever and never use. I want to change my curtains in my kitchen and rearrange my dining room. I may even paint the hallway upstairs - if I get brave enough to tackle it without help!

I want to take a few pictures this week of old houses and barns I've noticed lately. I think they will look great at sunrise - that means I'll have to get up early! Maybe I'll have to take a few naps....

Maybe I will find more time blog and get over this guilt I have for not blogging on a regular basis….

Lesa

1 comment:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Don't feel guilty about not blogging, Lesa. Real life should always come first. I for one totally understand, and will be here when you get time to update.

It's hotter than blue blazes here, upper 90's with the heat index over 100. Yuck!

Hope you can get some of your projects done. I need to work on some things this week but don't know if I'll get anything done since I have VBS every night...

Have a great new week! :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane