Sunday, June 15, 2008

Simple Sunday Sampler

When I went out to water my spider plant on my front porch yesterday, I found this little nest of 5 eggs. Later on the day, I saw a little wren fly into the spider plant. I can't wait for the tiny little eggs to hatch! I would never dream of disturbing her nest. My spider may just have to be a little dry for awhile!
UPDATE: Monday Morning: I didn't notice that there are actually 6 eggs in the picture. This morning I checked and she now has 7 eggs! She has been one busy mother bird!


I finally finished the cards sets for my friend that is getting married. The shower is next Saturday so I will need to get stamps this week to include with the cards.


OK – I’ll admit it. I’m a sentimental fool…

This morning I fixed breakfast and when I was ready to pour the gravy out of the skillet, I asked my husband to get out the gravy bowl. I started thinking about this bowl. This bowl is probably one of my most prized kitchen possessions. The bowl is not a fancy bowl by any means. We have used this bowl hundreds of times since we got married almost twenty years ago. It is a bowl that my mother didn’t want any more. It originally went with a mixer that had long ago died and Mom had thrown away. It was an old Sunbeam black and white mixer from the 50’s. This bowl is the perfect size for gravy for two or three people. If this bowl could talk, it would tell of all the discussions that we have had over gravy for the last 20 years. Now that I think about it – I don’t think I have ever put anything else in this bowl. This week I may live dangerously and put something else in this bowl! Maybe some baby limas or green peas….

It’s back to work for me tomorrow. I was off all last week and I’m actually looking forward to going back! I know I’m odd. I’ll enjoy tomorrow and then I’ll be ready for more days off!

Lesa

2 comments:

Barb said...

How sweet, Lesa. You know, spider plants can actually go quite some time without water, so those adorable little eggs are safe. I'd be so excited if I had something like that happening here. Birds EVERYWHERE but no nests that I've ever found.

I have a pot that means what your gravy bowl means to you. Nothing especially wonderful about it other than that it was my mother in law's soup pot and it holds very special meaning to me.

Shawna said...

I have some of my Grandma's dishes, so I know what you mean about how special that bowl is to you.

This is a great idea for a post. I may do one sometime on some of my dishes, no sets, just all single pieces, which to me makes them that much more special.