Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

This is a picture that I took last year at this time of the wild roses that are growing in the fence along our driveway. They are in full bloom now but I haven’t seen any Japanese beetles yet. I didn’t notice that the beetles had a visitor until I brought the picture up on my computer. I entered this picture in the local fair last year and won a 2nd place ribbon.

One of my goals this week is to finish some note cards for a friend of mine that is getting married in July. I’m making her 3 different sets (ten in each set) of cards and including stamps as a shower gift. I finished one set today and started on another set tonight. I’ll try to post pictures tomorrow of the cards.

I’ve made a little progress on my list of things to do around the house this week. I’m just mainly enjoying being at home and not worrying about work. The phone rang several times today and I didn’t even want to answer it! Thank goodness for caller ID so I can see who it was before I answer! Yes – I do answer if it is someone I know (family)!

I cooked supper last night – an event at my house! I bought some frozen breaded catfish filets at Wal-Mart and fried them in the deep fryer. They were really good! I also fixed white beans, hush puppies, potato salad, cucumbers & onions in vinegar, and broiled some zucchini in the oven. We had enough for leftovers tonight. Tomorrow night we are celebrating my cousin’s birthday at Cracker Barrel. I probably will not cook again until Thursday.

Hope you all have great Wednesday!

Lesa


2 comments:

Sam said...

Hi Lesa,

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!

That meal you described sounds delicious! I wish I knew how to cook like that!

And I love Cracker Barrel. The closest one to me is pretty far, so I only get to go when we're on a road trip. It's always a treat though!

daisy said...

That's a beautiful picture. We have some pink and some white Rosa Rugosa roses--basically they are the single blooms...like wild roses. But I'm a little worried because I have not seen one bee on them, and usually they are covered with bees. Has anyone else been missing bees?

I heard that the cellphone signals mess up their homing mechanisms and they get lost when they try to get back to their hives.