It's time for Friday Fave Five! I have been slacking in this area - I've been slacking in a lot areas lately but I had rather not think about that now! Be sure to check out all of the Friday Fave Five entries over at Suzanne's - Living to Tell the Story.
1. Crop Duster – Monday afternoon I kept hearing an airplane buzzing around the house and flying low. Then it dawned on me – it’s a crop dusting plane! I love watching planes fly low and swoop down! I ran out the front door with my camera in my hand so fast that I tripped over my feet at the bottom of the steps and hit my knee on the sidewalk and slipped in the muddy grass on one side. I got up and took off running again with my camera ready to take pictures and video. Thanks goodness I didn't drop my camera! After taking several shots, I realized that two of my neighbors were watching me instead of the plane. With mud all down one side of my body, I very gracefully walked back into the house as if nothing ever happened. They probably sat at the supper table that night laughing about the short chunky neighbor lady, with the white legs and skinned up knee, falling over herself in the yard like she had never seen a plane before. I bet I looked like the guy on “
2. Jennie – This is Jennie on her rocking horse last Sunday before she had her fit of “Drama”! (See previous post!) The necklace that she is wearing was her grandmother's when she was a baby. I love her little bare feet!
3. Iris – This is my favorite color of iris that are in bloom now. A dear friend gave me these many years ago. They really are more a chocolate brown color. We used to call them "Flags" and I thought they were only purple and yellow when we were growing up. I know a lady that has over 200 different colors. She can tell you the names of each color and she is 92 years old! I do good to remember my own name some days!
4. My Mama – This is a picture of Mom and Jennie that I took last Sunday. Mom’s memory is slowly being robbed by Alzheimer’s. For now, she knows all of us and for that blessing I am grateful!
5. Philippians 4:6-7 – These verses have been in my heart all week.
6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.Lesa