Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blog Catch Up!

Good grief! Where did the time go since I posted on here last?! I started back to work part time on April 13 and full time beginning on April 20. I don't think I have stopped since then! I'm ready for another break from work but not like the last break I had with surgery! Only 22 more days of school for the students! I work year round so my fun just begins when school is out for the students.

Back the ark out of the garage!
I may need it to get to work in the morning!
It has rained here for the past three days! This is the radar right now for us. There is more of this moving in tonight and tomorrow. The highs have been in the upper 50's. I am so ready for carpi pants and sandals everyday - not once a week! There is rain in the forecast tomorrow also but the high is supposed to be in the 70's. Yucky and humid. So much for my hair looking good.....
And then I think - if my hair looked good - everybody at work would be totally shocked and amazed!


Last Sunday, Neil & I rode over to Todd County to the Chapel Hill Church Cemetery. My father's sister is buried there. It was an absolutely beautiful Spring day. Here are a few pictures that I took of the church and the cemetery.

This is the tombstone of my father's sister. Dad was born in 1930 so he never this sister. He was the last baby born and the only boy. This was Granny and Papa's first baby. I can't imagine the grief and pain that they felt losing this sweet baby girl. They went on the have five more babies and losing one other little girl. I'm not sure where the other baby is buried. Her name was Mae. I'll have to ask my cousin who is the storehouse of family history knowledge!

Kathleen
Daughter of
W.C. & Mary Thaxton
Born
Nov. 30, 1912
Died
July 10, 1914
"Budded on earth to bloom in heaven."

Lesa

1 comment:

Genevieve Netz said...

Those are great photos, especially the one with the pink dogwood. I am absolutely fascinated with that cemetery. It is the most beautiful, peaceful place, with those big oaks overhead and the birds singing.