Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fun at the Fair Week

This is fair week in our town and we have been to the fair every night! I entered several things in the fair Tuesday. I was delighted than I won several ribbons. I won a second place ribbon for my recipe book that contains alot of the recipes that I feature on here.

I also entered several photos that I have taken. The ones that I thought would do good did not and the ones that I didn’t think would place - did. Who knows what they are looking for? I took a picture of Jennie’s hand close up in black and white. It won a second place ribbon. I think she was excited too. This is a picture of my sister Susan and Jennie at the fair Tuesday night holding the photo.

One of my favorite pictures of my cat, Tipper, won a third place ribbon. She is looking at the camera upside down. The category for this photo was a black and white picture of an animal. Since she is a black and white cat, I made this photo black and white. She weighs about 15 pounds and is a very “fluffy” cat!

Jennie has really enjoyed the truck pulls, mud boggin’, and the demolition derby that we have watched so far this week. She is so cute wearing her little "headphones" to block out the loud noise. She is a true country girl!

Tonight was the demolition derby and the cars got a little to close too the side and slug mud up into the grandstands where we were sitting. We had mud splattered all over us! Jennie thought it was chocolate and tried to eat some that was in her hand! Thank goodness we had baby wipes!

Tomorrow night we are taking a rest and staying home. I may actually cook – what I don’t know! Friday and Saturday night are truck and tractor pulls. We look forward to this each year. I also look forward to the funnel cake and cotton candy! I sure don’t want to look behind me because that is where all the funnel cake and cotton candy go!

Lesa

2 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Congrats on your wins! And that Winnie is just as adorable as Emmy. I'll bet they could have a good time if they ever got together, LOL! ;o)

Our county fair won't be until September. And I agree, each time I've entered cooking and canning items, the things I was most proud of didn't do as well as the things I just threw in as afterthoughts. Go figure!

Happy 4th to you and yours, Lesa. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Shawna said...

Oh, this makes me miss our county fair, which used to be so good, but finally died.

Those pictures are good, Lesa, but that one of Winnie's hand makes me melt. How sweet. It deserves a 1st place ribbon! :0)