Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Reflections


It was a beautiful day today. The high was in the low 50's and the sun peeped out several times. Neil & I rode over to my favorite place to take pictures - Chapel Hill Church and then on to Clarksville for a little shopping. I think I could take hundreds of pictures there and still not be satisfied! It has to be one of the most peaceful places I have ever been to in my life. It was windy today so we didn't stay very long. I want to go back this summer, pack a lunch, a good book, and sit under one of the trees until my heart is content.

Two year old lambs in Christmas plays do not
usually follow the rest of the flock.....


Jennie is growing up so fast. She talks all the time and has the "2" stubbornness down pat! If she doesn't want to do something - you may as well forget it! She has an independent little mind all her own. We kept her Friday night and took her out to eat with us. As I was putting her in the car seat, I said, "Jennie, I love you so much!" and I gave her a kiss on her forehead. She said, "I love you Sissy!". Well - I have to tell you - my heart felt like it tumbled out of my chest and bounced across the parking lot and just kept on rolling! It was the first time she told me that she loved me! Then she looked up front at Neil, and said, "I love you Neil!". He sat there for a few minutes with silly grin on his face. She is so precious. She loves so easily. I feel so sorry for the first guy that breaks her heart. There will be a line of people ready to break his neck......
Lesa

2 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

She's a sweetheart for sure. And she makes an adorable, if willful, lamb. ;o)

We feel the same way about Emmy. I honestly cannot wrap my head around how anybody can look at a sweet, innocent loving baby like them and think and do evil, perverted things to them. I'll never understand it as long as I live!

Hope you have a great new week, Lesa. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Jen said...

She is so cute....your car ride sounds divine....how nice...we got alot for rain yesterday...I figured you probably have it today...not fun!