Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Leadership in Our Nation


“When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.


On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.”

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

I thought of this song today as the new president took his oath of office and said the words, “So help me God”.


To be found in Him and standing on solid rock is all we can hope for when all is said and done.


I may not support everything our new president stands for but when a man takes an oath and says “So help me God”, I don’t want to be the one standing on sinking sand and trying to support him. We all need to have our feet firmly grounded on what this nation was built on so many years ago.


Faith.


Hope.


Trust in God.


Unity.


The least we can do is stand on the Solid Rock and pray that God will help him.


Lesa


2 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I voted for the other guy, but what's done is done. God is in control and Obama wouldn't be President now if God hadn't allowed it.

I may not support everything the President does, but I support the office of President will pray for God to lead and guide both the man and the Presidency.

xoxoxo

Diane

Jess said...

Amen to your post, and mom's comment!

Praying is the best thing we can do
and it's what we should do!

Love, Jess