Monday, August 24, 2009

Heavenly Sunlight

Walking in sunlight all of my journey;
Over the mountains, through the deep vale;
Jesus has said, "I'll never forsake thee,"
Promise divine that never can fail.

Heavenly sunlight, heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine:
Hallelujah, I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine.

Shadows around me, shadows above me,
Never conceal my Savior and Guide;
He is the Light, in Him is no darkness;
Ever I'm walking close to His side.

Heavenly sunlight, heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine:
Hallelujah, I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine.

I got up this morning thinking - oh yuck - another Monday! I wish I could stay home. My stomach hurt. My head hurt. You name it - I felt it this morning. I was moaning and groaning about having to go to work. I even grumbled about it being foggy again and tried to think of what Daddy always said about the fogs in August and the winter snows. Didn't we have a lot of fog last August? Is that why we had the horrible ice storm in January? Then I thought about how I was going to be late for work because I couldn't drive at my normal break-neck speed! By the time I got to the end of our road, I was fit to be tied just thinking about everything I had to get done today.

Then I looked behind me and this is what I saw.

Hello & Good Morning from God!! I felt like He had smacked me on the top of my head! I was being so ungrateful for the beautiful day that He had given me and for the blessing of being able to go to work at a job that I love. As I drove to work, I kept singing this song over and over in my mind. When I pulled into the parking lot I was singing out loud! I was even earlier than I thought and didn't have to drive fast! This has been one the best Mondays I have had in a long time. Yes - there were stressful moments but in my mind I kept singing His praises and knowing that Jesus is mine!

I'll try to remember this day when there is six inches of snow and ice everywhere in January.

Lesa

2 comments:

Polly Forns said...

Oh Lesa, what a wonderful way God turned your day around ! We can do this EVERY day if we remember to start by counting our blessings! I try, too, and stumble along the way. But to know Jesus Christ as our Saviour will get us through it all, even the ice storms! Hugs, my friend!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Great shot, Lesa! I'm glad you had a good day today. God has a way of thumping us in the back of the head sometimes, doesn't He? ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane