Friday, August 29, 2008

Only In An Elementary School

There is never a dull moment in an elementary school. Our student council for the new school year has started meeting on Wednesday mornings. Being 3rd through 5th graders, they have a lot to learn at the start of school. They are so eager to start their new “jobs” helping around our school. Each day they have assignments such as watering plants, checking the bird feeder, hanging the flag in front of the school, and basically learning to be good community helpers. Thursday we had a "small" problem with the flags.

Guess what we learned how to do before this day ended?


These are the best views on a Friday afternoon.
I felt like the little girl on the left. I would have looked rather funny skipping with my hands in the air.
If we could only be like children -
happy and carefree with not a worry in the world!
The best part is that we have a three day weekend!

Lesa

2 comments:

Sam said...

Oh, that upside down flag is hilarious!!!

I'm a teacher, although I'm taking this year off to have a baby. But I really do miss teaching. I look forward to going back in a year.

Shawna said...

lol Those are great pics. Now that I am taking and picking up my boys everyday, I have a renewed appreciation for FRIDAYS! It is so fun to see the kids' excitement. Sometimes it is palpable.

Sounds like you all have a good program going to help teach the children. Great idea.